Visions of Science Network for Learning Inc. (VoSNL) is a charitable organization that aims to advance the educational achievements and career aspirations of youth from low-income and marginalized communities through meaningful engagement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields and research.
Our organization aims to eliminate these barriers by creating free and consistent opportunities for youth to access fun, experiential STEM learning within their communities. We achieve this through various programs and initiatives.
Our programs aim to offer a unique and comprehensive network of learning opportunities for youth who are traditionally under-represented in STEM. Through this, youth gain equitable access to hand's on STEM learning, education, leadership and mentorship opportunities to achieve measurable success. We aim to:
- Bring STEM learning to life by connecting youth to STEM professionals and exposing them to a variety of career options
- Create hands-on learning environments where students can engage in scientific thinking and experimentation with the freedom to learn from their mistakes
- Encourage youth to solve real world problems so they better understand how they can contribute to society
- Provide a forum for leadership and skills development within a STEM learning environment
- Help parents, caregivers and program supporters understand STEM learning
- Reduce financial and other barriers to make STEM learning accessible and fun